Les Salons de jeux ont 10 ans
10 years of entertainment at our two gaming halls!
The history of our gaming halls
Loto-Québec’s gaming halls, formerly known as Ludoplex, opened their doors in 2007, on October 18 in Trois-Rivières and November 22, in Québec City. Video lottery terminals and other entertainment products were offered, including virtual golf and hockey, billiards, food services and a bar. With the arrival of blackjack, roulette, keno and slot machines, their focus has evolved over time and they now offer an exciting electronic gaming environment.
The gaming halls were built on the sites of two hyppodromes. Today, the only hippodrome that remains open is the one in Trois-Rivières. The Québec City gaming hall, which used to be located at ExpoCité, moved to the Fleur de Lys shopping centre in November 2014.
Their success can be attributed to the wide variety of games and promotions offered, as well as the high quality service provided their dedicated personnel.
10 years of emotion*
- Almost 250 promotions
- More than $2.2 million in prizes awarded during those promotions
- 11 cars won by our big winners
- 22 trips won in an atmosphere of fun
- Countless moments of joy with our customers!
*As of December 31, 2017
10 years in pictures
Photos taken over the past 10 years are displayed at gaming hall entrances. Come and remember good times! Here are just a few.
10 years with passionate employees
In the Director’s words
Gino Lessard has been the Director of Québec’s gaming halls for the past 10 years. Find out what he likes about the gaming halls.
In the words of Québec City employees
Véronique Lemieux and Sylvain Vaudreuil talk about how their work has inspired them over the past 10 years.
In the words of Trois-Rivières employees
Dominique Vachon and Chantal St-Jean talk about their customers and the Trois-Rivières gaming hall’s success.
Did you know?
- The Québec City gaming hall was where a marriage proposal was made!
- The biggest Keno prize awarded was $44,500.
- The biggest slot machine prize awarded was $140,187.
- Well-known artists Roch Voisine, Luce Dufault, Sylvain Cossette, Mario Pelchat and Les Grandes gueules were featured in a show at the Trois-Rivières gaming hall.
- A customer became a winner for life at the Québec City gaming hall in February 2017 thanks to a Gagnant à vie slot machine.